[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC203 F2PIP Module Failures

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:00:27 -0400

from my archived emails:
I had a CTC203 that clicked 5 times but wouldn't turn on. The fix was a bad
solder joint on the PIP module. Was a surface mount resistor.
Al Marquardt
Look at all the surface mount caps to ground on that line for leakage or
glue holding cap in place. Just start removing caps is the best way I know.

Robert

 >From Tech Repair CD:
RCA\CTC203\NO STARTUP* PULSES 3 TIMES* DEAD\\\\SUSPECT F2PIP BOARD*
U18101 3.3V* CHECK SOLDER ON
DIVIDER\\\\\\\\
Replaced the F2 PIP pcb cured problem,part # 243872.
Country TV
Ron Miller
Inez, TX. 77968
Hope these help,
Phil Bader

Shoreline Electronics wrote:

>Make : RCA
>Model : F32665
>Chassis : CTC203CH3
>
>Problem : Shuts down on power up.
>
>Traced problem to the F2PIP module.
>
>IC U18101 ( LM317T) in the 3.3V regulator circuit is only putting out 1.2V
>on pin 2
>
>Tried a new IC , no change. Something seems to be loading down the 3.3V
>line..........although resistance reading to ground is not low at all ,
>almost 1 meg.
>
>By cutting a few supply feed traces I can get the 3.3V line to come up.
>
>I did pull the main PIP processor IC and still have the low voltage.
>
>Has anyone seen a common fault on these F2PIP board?
>

>These boards appear to be on back order for the time being
>
>=================================
>Jeff Stielau
>Shoreline Electronics Repair
>344 East Main Street
>Clinton,CT 06413
>(860)399-1861
>(860)664-3535 FAX
>jstielau@xxxxxxxx

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx