[TechAssist] RCA CTC203 F2PIP Module Failures

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:43:40 -0400

Make : RCA
Model : F32665
Chassis : CTC203CH3

Problem : Shuts down on power up.

Traced problem to the F2PIP module.

IC U18101 ( LM317T) in the 3.3V regulator circuit is only putting out 1.2V
on pin 2

Tried a new IC , no change. Something seems to be loading down the 3.3V
line..........although resistance reading to ground is not low at all ,
almost 1 meg.

By cutting a few supply feed traces I can get the 3.3V line to come up.

I did pull the main PIP processor IC and still have the low voltage.

Has anyone seen a common fault on these F2PIP board?

These boards appear to be on back order for the time being

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413