[TechAssist] RCA CTC176N2

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:40:14 -0700 (PDT)

Can't get any secondary voltages out of the SMPS. Have changed the STK730-020
regulator I/C twice and unloaded the supply lines. No shorts in any of the
secondary lines. Have 160v on the I/C and had wave forms to show that it was
running. That was last night. Came in this mornig and plugged it in. No wave
forms. Still has the 160V. Am not using OEM's to work on this. They are about
18.00 so hate to wipe many of these out. Thought I would put in an OEM when the
problem is fixed. Before I put another generic in thought I would pass this buy
you. A generic should at least run and the secondarys should be there for a
while shouldn't they?

                               Paul

Paul ,B
Central TV&Video