[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC 203 HELP

  • From: "Paul Gendreau" <Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 20:46:41 -0400

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

RCA   CTC203

Dead - Shorted Q14401 Horizontal Output

Caused By Intermittent Open Solder Connection At The Input End Of L14401.
That Coil Connects The Driver Transformer To The Base Of The Output
Transistor.

RCA   CTC203

Dead

Perry Bower - Electric Medic

If The Set Has The Gemstar With The Two Flat Ribbon Cables, Then It Is
Probably Bad. Very Common Problem. We Have Several Different Versions Of
Gemstar For Test, That Is The First Thing We Sub On The Ctc203 Chassis For
Dead Set.

If That Is Not It, Unsolder The Collector Of The H.O.T., Then If Set Starts
Up With Sound, Then The Flyback Is Bad. These Two Fixes Probably Represent
80% Of All Failures, (Non-Lightning, And Power Supply Problems), That We See
In Our Service Center.

There Is A Coil Between The Secondary Of The Horizontal Drive Transformer
And The Base Of The H.O.T. That Usually Causes Intermittent Operation. The
Set Normally Will Have Sound When
That Connection Is Bad.

RCA   CTC203L

Dead

Doug - Vision Video Labs, Inc

Replace Shorted H.O.T. #Q14401 #247697, Cr14106 #243636

Best regards,

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.
Tel: 207-490-1835
Fax: 207-490-1893