[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC 187 menu disappears,volume works

  • From: Wayne Vanaman <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:53:05 -0500

First a little about digital.
The micro has an internal clock and outputs clock pulses.  The data
pulses are synced to the clock pulses serially.  The other chips on the
board look for the clock pulses.  Some sets have "enable" lines that go
from the micro to certain other ICs to activate them.

In you this case, go for the crystal.  I believe they had 4, 8, and
12MHz versions.  Without a MODEL NUMBER...AL...we can get too specific.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310