[TechAssist] Re: Question - internal 120V AC line varistors- surge suppressors

  • From: "Phillip R. Hull" <phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:13:27 -0500

I was told there are different values of MOV depending on the current of the
unit.   For example a line MOV for a microwave oven that draws 15 amps,
probably would not protect a TV set, because it would surge thru the unit
before the MOV would short and blow the fuse.
Phillip R Hull     STET
phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX 517--569-3075
Professional Technicians only