[TechAssist] Re: Pioneer CD player PD-M450, ribbon cable problem [FIXED]

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 17:05:10 -0400

I went back to work on this cd player again and noticed that when my
hand approached the ribbon cable- not actually even touching it, I heard
severe static in the speakers. From a tip I found, I took aluminum foil
and wrapped it around the ribbon cable and then grounded the foil to the
chassis case. Problem solved. Wiggling the cable now does not cause it
to be intermittant. CD's play fine now.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada