[TechAssist] Re: Philips TV/VCR Model CCC090AT01 - Chassis ? Dead

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:22:41 -0500

Max,

A shorted Vert. Output I.C. can cause dead set symptoms in Phillips/Magnavox
combo's. Just unsolder the I.C. and see if it comes on with no Vert.
Deflection. If so replace it. If I remember right the Vert. Output I.C. in
the unit I had this problem with was a LA7837. Just something you may want
to check before you get too in depth into the power supply circuit.

                                      Dan Webster
                                      Webster's TV
                                      Shullsburg, Wi.