[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic DVD/Amp SA-HT80

  • From: Scott Beebe <Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peggs <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:48:38 -0400

Hello peggs,
Try to resolder the EEPROM, I have had a similar problem before. If not you may
have to replace the optic assy. Some DVD players will not read certain kinds of
burned DVD's. There are many formats. (DVD-R/DVD+R etc...)

 Thanx,

Scott Beebe
Ohm Electronics Inc.
609 W. Clinton St.
Ithaca NY 14850
Voice: (607) 273-8406
Fax: (607) 273-8743
WWW.OhmElectronicsInc.com
mailto:Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

peggs> Will play some DVDs, others it won't play.
peggs> The ones it Won't play,start to spin then stop,quickly.
peggs> Then the unit displays,
peggs> "this type of disc can't be played,please insert a different disc".
peggs> It seems to be consistent about the ones it Will and,and the ones
peggs> it Won't play.IOW,of the ones I've put in and tried,I now know
peggs> the ones it Will play and the ones it Won't play,before
peggs> I put 'em in again.
peggs> They are all 'pre-recorded' DVDs,none have been burned by me
peggs> (not sure I'd even know how :-)
peggs> Anyway,I'm assuming it 'should' play ALL of these DVDs.
peggs> In fact,I have 2 of the customer's DVDs that it won't play.
peggs> He says it use to play them.
peggs> The consistency is what puzzles me.That's why I want to ask about
peggs> Single Layer and Double Layer.
peggs> Can some one explain the difference in the two.
peggs> How do you know if a disc is S layer or D layer ???
peggs> Shouldn't ANY DVD player play ANY pre-recorded DVD ???
peggs> It's pretty dusty inside(not the lens though),so I'll start by cleaning

peggs> Peggs
peggs> Peggs' Electronics
peggs> 1519 West 2nd Street
peggs> Owensboro,KY 42301