[TechAssist] Panasonic DVD/Amp SA-HT80

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:58:41 -0700

Will play some DVDs, others it won't play.
The ones it Won't play,start to spin then stop,quickly.
Then the unit displays,
"this type of disc can't be played,please insert a different disc".
It seems to be consistent about the ones it Will and,and the ones
it Won't play.IOW,of the ones I've put in and tried,I now know
the ones it Will play and the ones it Won't play,before
I put 'em in again.
They are all 'pre-recorded' DVDs,none have been burned by me
(not sure I'd even know how :-)
Anyway,I'm assuming it 'should' play ALL of these DVDs.
In fact,I have 2 of the customer's DVDs that it won't play.
He says it use to play them.
The consistency is what puzzles me.That's why I want to ask about
Single Layer and Double Layer.
Can some one explain the difference in the two.
How do you know if a disc is S layer or D layer ???
Shouldn't ANY DVD player play ANY pre-recorded DVD ???
It's pretty dusty inside(not the lens though),so I'll start by cleaning

Peggs
Peggs' Electronics
1519 West 2nd Street
Owensboro,KY 42301