[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CTV # CTK-2790S, Chassis# AEDP152 or GL7C Repeat IC801 failure

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:53:57 -0400

Dale, I had a similar problem with my own TV, only it is the 31" version
of the same chassis.
I'll send you the information I have. Mine would blow the reg. about
once per month rather than after 2 minutes. Finally I noticed a trace
blown open, and from memory I believe it was from one of the STR60001
reg. pins to zener D805, thereby effectively removing D805 from the
circuit altogether. There is also a diode which is to be removed from
the circuit if it is present. I'll do a bit more research to find that
info for you.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7