[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CT-27S16CS (Chassis YAMEDP224C) HOT Part number?

  • From: "Webster's TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:12:36 -0500

Bruce,

The original part # for the H. O. T. is  # BU2508DF, one thing that can
cause failure of the H.O.T. besides the usual poor solder conections on the
driver transformer, is a heater to cathode short in the Picture Tube, the
tube will short intermittantly, turning bright blue, red, or green,depending
on the short, the customer will leave the set on and in no time it draws
enough current to blow the H.O.T. Usually tapping the neck of the tube when
its playing OK will cause flashes of color of the shorted cathode. This may
not be your problem, but I've had this problem several times in the past on
these Quasar/Panasonic sets.

                                                   HTH

                                                   Dan Webster
                                                   Webster's TV