[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CT27G5CB Chassis-GP325 (Man 2000)

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:11:47 -0500

One thing that normally gets zapped in this chassis design is the
optical isolator IC801. It's output is tied in to the action pin of the
micro and if bad it will keep the set from turning on. It can be removed
for test since it is just a OCP device. Also check the associated diodes
D807 and zener D806. The 12V standby goes to IC801 collector.
Since 1972
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne, Indiana