[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CT27G12V with 3" vertical deflection

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 09:58:04 -0500

The set is fixed. The problem was MISSING R454 (47K surface mount) off pin 4
of IC451. What I did not know was after he resoldered the IC, it went from
no deflection to this partial deflection. He must have accidentally removed
it when resoldering the IC (it was an ugly resoldering job for a former
tech!). The pads were clean so there was no physical evidence of the
resistor missing. Thanks to all who sent scans and Jeff Stileau for leading
me to the service manual. Once I had these in my possession, I was able to
scope waveforms and found several were about half the amplitude and then
quickly found the resistor indicated in the schematic was not on the board.
Installing the resistor cured it!

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager