[TechAssist] Panasonic CT27G12V with 3" vertical deflection

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:37:31 -0500

I have a Panasonic CT27G12V that belongs to my office manager's ex-husband
that currently only has about 3" of vertical deflection. He used to be a TV
tech years ago and originally had intermittent vertical deflection so he
resoldered the vertical IC which cured it. Now he brought it in with this
problem. I am not an ASC for Panasonic so I have no service literature for
it. I have replaced IC451 with an OEM LA7838 and capacitors C451, C452,
C453, C454, C455, C459, and C551. VCC is at 27.8 volts to the IC. After
replacing these parts, I still have the same symptom so I am asking you
Panasonic experts for some advice here. I realize the yoke is a possibility
but I thought I would ask here first.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager