[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic 31" flyback, screen control on flyback is dirty and picture flashes.

  • From: "KenyD" <ken.dyche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:07:20 -0400

Drill a hole?!? Are you nuts?  Just kidding, at times of desperation we've
all done stupid things.  Place the set on it's face so the controls are face
up, or on it's side depending on the mounting.  Then when you spray a
LITTLE, gravity will take over and the liquid will find a way down into the
control.  Wait a minute or two, then whip the control back 'n forth quite a
few times.  This should do the trick.

If you're prepared to buy a flyback anyway, you can try drilling, but watch
out for arcing from flyback to Kevin (acting as ground) when you make
adjustments.  Make sure someone is nearby to pull the plug (ouch!) and make
sure they don't grab hold of you when you light up like a Christmas tree.

I guess you get my drift...drilling is not reccomended.

Ken Dyche
Mississauga T.V. Inc. (est. 1952)
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada