[TechAssist] Re: PTK195 main board removal question

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:25:56 -0500

Phil:

Depending the reason you have to pull the main board, I mean if you are
going to replace it, or just do a difficult repair then I would pull the HV
lead from the splitter, which requires about a 1/4 " turn and a hard pull,
be careful to hold the splitter with the other hand so it wont break at the
plastic mount. then the other lead just unplugs at the focus block. Be sure
to skin back some more of the HV lead when re-installing if it happens to
break off a little. If you are replacing the flyback, then you can remove
the HV lead from the Fly the same way. The screen lead I just cut off flush
with the flyback because the new flyback does not come with leads anyway and
you have to use the old ones. If you skin both leads about a 1/4" they will
push right in to the new flyback and seat great. Flybacks are very common on
that chassis, so we do this quite often.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com
Check out the Electronic Repair Screensaver We created. More Images to come!
To download these Collections you must first install the Eyetide Viewer:
http://www.eyetide.com/download/?s=O3OfmSLHXygGHCv1W6Gz3Bgjtq3DNNMNdcKsYSVGC
"We're Number One Where it Really Counts, With our Customers"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Martinez, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474
Fax: 706-863-2316
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"WE REPAIR WITH CARE"

SERVICE CENTERS PLEASE READ!!
1. Are you currently backed up or over-loaded?
2. Are you short a tech or have one on vacation?
3. Do you need help with a very difficult repair?
4. Would you like to make money jobbing the work out?
5. Would you like to ship out less profitable products so you can repair
others?
If you answered Yes to any of the above questions, Checkout these websites:
http://www.electricmedic.com/salesa.htm
or
http://www.electricmedic.com/shipping.htm

Factory Trained Authorized Service Center For:  APEX, Fisher, GE, KEC/KTV,
Konka, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips Magnavox, Pioneer, ProSCAN, RCA,
Samsung, Sanyo, Sharp, SONY, Technics, Toshiba, Zenith

Provide Extended care for: AON, Circuit City, GE Contracts, Glass Agency,
Philips Contracts, NEW, Rex