[TechAssist] Re: PIP no Color

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:48:52 -0500

Replace all of the surface mount electrolytics and clean the electrolyte
residue from the board.  Note that the bypass that we use on earlier models
does not work on this series of sets.  I am communicationg with Mitsubishi
right now to determine the differences in the two circuits and will update
everyone when I get the info.  The boards for the CS...601 series are NLA.
I have one here now that is impossible to rebuild becuase of the degree of
corossion and am rebuilding a CS...301 module for this set.  All of the
major parts are the same but some of the SMD components are different, with
a few of the caps from the older series missing on the newer board.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL