[TA-A] Re: Need assistance w/ Samsung TV's

  • From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:52:58 -0400

Well, none of those remotes have an f-set button.  I found the following
page, which does explain the programming with the included remote:
http://www.amphi.com/~technology/techtalks/april01.htm

Thing is, I was really hoping these could be used with standard universal
remotes.  The universal does seem to work all other functions fine, just not
programming.  I guess I will have to get one actual Samsung remote, switch
the set into cable mode, let it auto program...Then unplug it for a day or
two and see if it holds the settings.

I just found this remote on eBay and it seems to have an f-set button, so I
believe it may be the right one..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&vi
ewitem=&item=9734912689&rd=1&rd=1

Here are the programming instructions I found:

Programming the CTV for the first time - model TXB2735

1.Turn on the CTV by pressing the Power button. (if using a remote control
that has a TV, VCR or CABLE button, press the TV button first - if
necessary).
2.Press the F-Set (function) button of the remote, once. The on-screen
display will give a choice of a sub-menu for TV/CATV (highlighted in red),
MTS Mode, Sleep or Surround (in green).
3.To the right of the TV/CATV listing is the Mode selected - AIR, STD or
HRC.
4.Push either of the Mode UP/Down buttons repeatedly until STD is chosen.
5.To choose another function, push the F-Set button repeatedly until that
function is highlighted.

Adding or Erasing channels - model TXB2735

1.Repeat steps 1-4 above.
2.Press the AUTO-PRG button to begin the auto programming sequence. The CTV
will begin memorizing all the available channels according to the antenna
system type.
3.Press the numbered keys to choose the channel you want to add (or delete).
4.As soon as the channel number is displayed, press the ADD (or DELETE)
button. ADD (or DELETE) will be displayed under the channel number.
5.Wait until the number display goes off screen before choosing another
channel to add or delete. NOTE: You can expedite this waiting process by
pushing the Volume down button. If the add or delete functions doesn't make
a change in the channel memory, perform the AUTO PROGRAMMING function again.