[TechAssist] Re: NEC DT-4861S Projection TV goes into shutdown.

  • From: "al m" <ampm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:26:42 -0400

check your timing caps.
al marquardt
ampm@xxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----
From: "kevinstv" <kevinstv@xxxxxxx>
To: "TECH-ASSIST" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 9:43 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] NEC DT-4861S Projection TV goes into shutdown.

> NEC DT-4861S Projection TV goes into shutdown.
>
> Hi fellow techs,
>
> Working on this projection TV.  After much head scratching and testing,
have discovered that this set is going into shutdown because of excessive
HV.  Measured HV first coming out of flyback, but set shut down too quickly
to measure.  Then days later (today, to be exact) measured HV coming out of
HV block or splitter and found it to be 35 KV, before it went into shutdown.
HV should be 31 KV from service manual.  Is it possible for HV block to
produce more voltage than going in?  Or is my flyback producing the
excessive HV?  B+ is good.  Is there any method to test the HV splitter out
of circuit?  Thankyou.