[TechAssist] Mitsubishi VS45501, chassis VZ4, dim picture.

  • From: "John Mielke" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:40:17 -0700

I have a Mitsubishi VS45501, chassis VZ4 made in 1997 that has a dim picture
that is too bright.  It does not have retrace and does not shutdown.  The
customer said the problem started gradually.  I have replaced IC200
(CXA2095S) per winstips and checked all the electrolytics and transistors
around that IC.  The brightness and contrast controls change the OSD bars
but there is no change in the picture.  Color and tint controls work
normally.  I removed the PIP module and the picture is still bright, of
course with no video, and the OSD is still dim.  Has anyone seen this
before?  TIA, John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 Main St