[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi CS35601 PIP problem

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:58:29 -0500

Although....I did find this info at one time....never tried it though!

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

MITSUBISHI   #PIP BYPASS 3

Solution to bypass the un-bypassable module 05 Version "930b552005"

Jeff Stielau : Shoreline Electronics Repair

Found this one the sci.electronics.repair forum....did not try it yet but
may be a good fix !

What we've done for this model is to put a 2.7k and 4.7k resistor in series
with the (-) leg of the 47uf cap to ground and tap the junction of the 2
resistors and run that to pin 11.
A simple voltage divider.
Did a lot of experimenting with potentiometers to determine the values
needed.
You could always use a 10k pot to do this and would have something that is
adjustable.
You will need about 1.7v p-p at pin 11 when done instead of around 2.7v p-p
that you get when simply bypassing with that 47uf cap.

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@xxxxxxxx
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd