[TechAssist] Mitsubishi CK3514R Bright Pulsing Screen

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist Group" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:38:27 -0400

Make : Mitsubishi
Model : CK3514R
Problem : Comes on with good audio but video is bright white and pulsing.
No retrace here , just like the ABL is wide open and the CRT cathodes are
seeing full white peaks on all 3 cathodes.

230V cathode source is clean and green.  130V on the cathodes.

If we turn down the G2 to the minimum setting the pulsing of the image will
stop but image is visible but still washed out and basically white with
yellow shadows.

No service manual but I suspect a problem with the CRT drive lines which
appear to come from IC201

Only tip I see is this +++++++++

MITSUBISHI   CK3514R
Video    Picture Pulsates
From Mitsubishi
Picture Pulsates On High Brightness Scenes.  If 6.2v Missing At Pin 33 Of
Ic201 Check For Shorted C215 (.01uf) Located At Pin 33 Of Ic201 (Pcb-Signal)
+++++++++

No help.

Anyone seen this problem on this vintage set?

Anyone have the service manual they could lend us if need be?

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@xxxxxxxx
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd