[TechAssist] Mitsubishi 35" console CK-3526R (1992) intermit.symptoms,dead,etc.

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:00:29 -0400

Customer said any symptom may happen several times daily, or clear for
days at a time. Might lose all color (B&W picture, but OSD has color),
may shut off and only click when powered on.
Board compliment:
Signal: 930B49707.3
Power/Deflection: 930B49800.3
SPWR/DBF: (small pcb mounted on side): 930B50101.4
PIP (long board) 930B500.1
 I noticed the PWR/Defl board has oil stained surface all over (lytics'
leads darkened), I assume this is widespread electrolytic fluid
leakage.Signal and CRT board has some areas,too.
This is a very expensive TV and a good 35" CRT. No one sells the rebuilt
panels.
I'm considering estimating for an almost complete cap replacement on
the  worst board (defl) and numerous caps repl. on the others. Probably
50-75 caps in all (conservatively).
 How 'bout a ballpark estimate range on this. I assume these caps are
the cause,as I know Mitsubishi's history.
Phil Bader
--
Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)