[TechAssist] Magnavox 27y1 no osd fixed

  • From: "repair1" <repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:53:11 -0500

Thanks to Jeff Stielau, Larry Malcolm, Peggs, and Al Marquardt, for their
replies to my request for help on this magnavox 27y1

Symptom: customer said that after father rolled over on universal remote
that osd went away.

Solution: according to info from winstips that Jeff Stielau provided, I
shorted out pins 2and 3 of J300(keyboard input),picture blinked and osd came
back. Also, I got info from Larry Malcolm and Al Marquardt to enter 062596
and use menu to toggle to service mode C and exit,hth.

Charles Betzler
Best Electronics
repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx