[TechAssist] Re: MEMBERS IN GENERAL! Another Nationwide Servicer??? NESDA top...

  • From: "Ty" <ty1k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:56:25 -0700

Come on guys!
Yes, I, Ty Kraemer, a proud NESDA member posted the above.
I used that headline just to get your attention.
My reason for posting is to let you know what is going on, not just at
NESDA, but also in general.
I realized that this might be the beginning of another "Nation Wide"
organization.
Thinking that you would be interested in following the birth of another such
organization, I posted it.
It was not intended to degrade or point fingers.
NESDA, like Tech Assist, is a brotherhood of technicians. The purpose of
NESDA (as I understand it,) is to educate and be a liaison between the
independent servicers, manufactures, and sometimes the government. In my
opinion, they do an admirable job considering the circumstances.
The people heading NESDA are just like you and I. Hard working, caring,
honest and selfless with their time and money.
Like you, they also are thinking people!
When you come up whit a new business plan, do you announce it to the world?
(I don't think so!)
As it I see it, one of them has joined a group who has a different idea. I
for one admire people who have the courage to follow an idea.
Where would we be now, if those backstabbing traitors to the Royal Crown of
England would not have followed their dream? We honor them now.
If England had prevailed, we would be honoring Benedict Arnold.

It is said that death and taxes are the only certain things in life.
If the majority of the people would make up their mind, taxes here in the
United States could be made illegal. All it would take is a vote. (Don't ask
me what that would accomplish!)
Medicine has pushed Death back considerably. Since the last hundred years,
our life expectancy has doubled.
The cost of healthcare for the aged has skyrocketed, and no one wants the
responsibility of caring for THEM. (Soon to be US)
!CHANGE!
Yes, change is the only certainty in life. Everything changes.
The ?Rouge? NESDA member might be considered at this time a traitor to the
industries general cause. (Remember the Royal Crown of England)
BUT who knows, this group might pull the chestnuts out of the fire for all
of us. (Remember World War II)
Instead of condemning, let us observe and learn.
We blame the manufacturers and low prices for the mess we find ourselves in.
I say this belief is wrong.
The problem is evolution.
In the days of black and white television everything was made by hand, and
most likely by union workers. The television cost as much as an automobile.
Today, a truck with raw materials, pulls up to a factory and dumps it's
content. On the other end, a forklift loads the finished goods onto another
truck. In the factory, (almost) one guy sits at a control panel and reads
Playboy until a buzzer sound. He makes a couple of small adjustments, and
goes back to reading. Now you have the audacity to ask for a repair part!
The part you want becomes a missing part in the manufacturing process.
Everything has to be reset.
You are interrupting the reading of Playboy! The Manufacturer looses the
sale of a new unit. And remember, he only makes a couple of cents on his
invested dollar.
Of course the DVD player or VCR that factory produces by the millions is
going to be dirt cheap and not worth the bother to repair.
Who is to be blamed?
The Manufacturer?
He, like us, has to cut the fat wherever he can. He has the same
responsibility as you and I. The less fat in his operation, the more money
he takes home to spend on his family.
The Consumer?
The cheaper the price of the product he buys, the more he has to spend on
his family.
Now the guy who is cut out of the chain?.
As to how we are going to survive an environment such as this, I am afraid
that I do not have the answer.
The one, who is thought of as a traitor at his time, just....  just might be
on the right track.
Observe, learn, and hope that, if not He, someone will come up with an
answer!
Who knows?  It might be one of us!

God bless us all.

Ty

Tiberius Kraemer
BLUE STAR ELECTRONICS
3312 Silverton Rd. NE
Salem, Oregon
Phone: 503 391 1491
Mailto:ty1k@xxxxxxxxxxx

PS:  By the way, I venomously disagree whit the message sent by anonymous
(Labeauxman at wmconnect.com) and others. Yes, some of the past board
members of NESDA have attained greater ambitions using NESDA as a
stepping-stone. It only proves to me that while serving NESDA, they
furthered NESDA?s cause thereby achieving their own. Some people manage to
make their own opportunities others wait for it to knock at the door. Most
of us have achieved our goal.  We spent an interesting and rewarding life
behind the bench. I for one, have no regrets.