[TechAssist] Re: Lead Poisoning (solder) - Concern for us techs??

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:12:21 -0500

Just a few months ago (March to be exact), the same type of question was
posted to this list.

My response was that I am badly alergic to the fumes from the solder. I
can feel something clogging up my lungs and if a lot of soldering is
done, I end up horking thick globs of brown goo. Not good at all.

Here is my solution to the problem, from back in March:

As requested by a few list members, I have taken photos and wrote up the
plans to build the fume extractor. I set it up on my web site.

http://www.number63.ca/extractor/extractor.htm

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada