[TechAssist] Re: Laptop Question

  • From: "Richard \"Wolfe\" Strickland, MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CompTIA A+" <wolfe-mcse@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:43:57 -0500

Howdy...

The issue of booting from the CD-ROM drive has to be supported by the
onboard BIOS for the computer, though Windows 95, nor Windows 98 provided a
bootstrap on the CD-ROM.

In case you have a computer with Windows 98, you can create a Windows 98
Boot Diskette, which will allow you to boot to a DOS prompt with a driver
that may detect the CD-ROM drive.  You will then be able to access the
CD-ROM drive, and install Windows 95 from the CD :).

Signed,
Richard "Wolfe" Strickland, MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+