[TechAssist] Re: Just One Question

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:30:51 -0500

Yeah 220 is a single phase that is center-tapped to provide 110. If you
actually hooked up the 220 service using a tap off of the 3 phase line (can
you do this?) then you may have reversed the polarity......but I would think
the polarity reversal would have occurred at the 3 phase junction , not the
220 junction at the box you installed.

Another possibility is that the 220 load being mostly resistive could induce
a "phase shift" if it is tapped off of the 3 phase. This shift could
possibly cause motor reversal.....but hey remember who you're asking this
question to.....TV Techs.

Was this a whole new box, or was it originally wired beforehand and fully
functional before you replaced it???

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815