[TechAssist] Re: JVC Model # AV-27820 Closed Captioning problem

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:19:55 -0400

Yes,
There is a close captions switch on the remote.

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
School Plant Facilities
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax      757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 7/30/2004 11:07:42 AM >>>
Hi everyone, I hope someone knows how to disable the closed caption on
this tv. Seems like a silly problem. The tv turns on fine but then pops
up a black box in the middle of the screen covering most of the picture.
They don't have the original remote or the owners manual. I can get in
the menu and make changes via the front panel. I see a closed caption
line in the display and when you get into that section you only have a
choice to change the CC1,2,3,4, and the Text1,2,3,4 but I don' t see a
closed caption on/off. Is it only disabled by remote? Doesn't make sense
but its the only thing I can think of.
If there is a strange way to turn these off please let me know.

Thanks

Jason
Moutons Electronics