[TechAssist] Re: JVC GR-DVL725 U ( Camcorder)

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 07:41:21 -0500

I agree with Jerry.  I believe the heads are clogged.
I've had good luck in the old days unclogging heads
that could not be cleaned by conventional methods by :
1 Put in a new clean fresh tape. One with something recorded
   on it if possible. And just let it run and run and run. The tapes
    have cleaning materials built in it and sometimes will clear the
heads.

2  Use a cloth type of head cleaner and put a little window cleaner on
it.
    This will clean of water-based sugarery substances.

Good Luck

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
Electronics Maintenance
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax    757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> greentron@xxxxxxx 11/02/05 8:36 PM >>>
Sometimes you can get a better idea of what is going on with heads by
playing a prerecorded tape in forward search. Its unlikely that all
the
heads are bad, if any. If I feel that a head is either bad or clogged
and I
cannot unclog it, I run a lapping tape for about 10 seconds. Sometimes
that
unclogs it and anyway at that point there is nothing to lose.
Jerry Silverman Greentron Inc
Mail to: greentron@xxxxxxx
4 Newland Ave Greenville SC
29609                864 232 3889