[TechAssist] Hitachi 61UDX10B, replaced HOT, only lasted 15 hours.

  • From: Kevin's TV Repair <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:37:20 -0800

This is a monster set.  I brought just the chassis back and carefully
checked everything over.  I replaced a shorted Q777 (C5681), an open
FP05 (3 amp fuse) and took the chassis back.  The set fired up right
away with a good picture.  But it only lasted about 15 hours.  Any
suggestions?  I do have the SM off the Hitachi but am at a loss as to
why it would last only 15 hours.  I am hoping I don't have to bring the
whole set in.  Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV Repair
Penticton BC Canada