[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi 50UX27K AP63 bright screen 3 color retrace lines

  • From: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:53:26 -0400

Larry, nothing specific yet, but here are some good Hitachi sym-cures:
http://wa6ati.com/Hitachi.htm
Also, a lot of mentions of poor solder on 9V regulators and elsewhere.
Resolder!But I assume if the shutdown is preceded by a very bright
screen, it may be the ABL triggering the SD as a normal function.Is
the excess bright raster grey scaled,another words all CRTs balanced?
If not, one of the three could be shorting,hence pulling one anode at
a time could narrow it down. Since you were just in it, look closely
for any plug assys slightly loose and not seated good,etc.Will check
further.
Phil

Phil Bader, Pres.
Jan Phyl TV Inc