[TechAssist] Hitachi 50UX11K

  • From: "William Rayburn" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:11:29 -0700

Have a big screen to do on a service-call that has no raster and from what was
described the audio is just white noise and "wave sounding garbage".
According to the customer the CRT's do not light up and just before it went out
he heard a pop.  Suspect possibly IC601 in the vert or a cap supporting it, and
possibly comb filter just from some past experience.  But the audio has me
puzzled.  The distance won't make this one easy and I would like to eliminate
going out over and over on this repair.  Any thoughts and help would be greatly
appreciated.
Bill
William H. Rayburn, CET
NESDA Member