[TA-A] Re: Hitachi 46W500 TV

  • From: "Mike Schoettinger" <kc8lqu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 14:53:20 +0000

I haven't found any bad caps or cracked solder joints.  I have no way to
ringthe flyback and I hate to shotgun it because the flyback is $55.  I
ordered the service manual on it so I am hoping that helps.  Any help is
appreciated.  I am desperate the customer is breathing down my kneck to get
there tv back.  Thanks.

Mike

From:  robert manrique <ustvv@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  [TA-A] Re: Hitachi 46W500 TV
Date:  Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
>Hello Mike
>
>   in Hitachi projos I've found that the yoke plug is too loose and
flickersin the connection and blows the output transistor ( Also known to
blow the vertical chip). It happens in both the one combination sweep and
high voltage transistor and the one that uses a split horizontal system

>   Hope I've been of help and at your service
>
>   Robert Manrique
>
>   321 443 4664
>
>   Ps a rare case i had the jungle chip oscillator crystal was loose in the
board and i suapected it was lazy also so i changed it and it never returned

>Mike Schoettinger <kc8lqu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   HI, I have a 46" Hitachi big screen that I am working on. The model
>number is 46W500. The problem I am having is that it will keep blowing the
>horizontal output transistor 2SC5909 after about one day of use. Usually on
>some other sets I have worked on that has been caused by a bad flyback.
>But, I have no way to ring the flyback to check it. Any ideas? Does
>anyonehave a schematic for this set? Thanks in advance. Mike Schoettinger
>5 Star Electronics (937) 475-2240
-
>Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one
>place![1]
>
>--- Links ---
>1 http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2737??PS=47575
>Remove: http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm
>Set Vacation
>Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".

>Remove: http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm
>Set Vacation

i'm making a difference. Make every IM count for the cause of your choice.
Join Now.  [1]