[TechAssist] Re: HP Pavilion model 6745CE, need AC97 audio driver -Win ME

  • From: Al Gutz <alg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:11:19 -0500

Gary

 AC97 is chipset specific as well as OS specific. HP site should have a
setup disk for that board, else look at chip set ei VIA or others and
check there site. JHust found one for Giga-byte board and it's over 18
meg size.
Easier maybe to go into bios and disable onboard and plug in a new audio
card.

Al G

Tel-Tek Electronics wrote:

> I use AC97 on the new Computer, with the XP OS. I know I can install a
> separate Sound card on that and disable the built in one.
>
> -Ed-
>
> Ed Gaidies
> Tel-Tek Electronics
> Ontario-Canada