[TechAssist] HITACHI 43FDX01B- Back to Haunt me!

  • From: "tony saracco" <tcselectronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:39:21 -0600

Set has very little red in picture. troubleshooting back to IX01 at the RGB
outs the green and blue will output 2.6vdc but the red only outputs 1.2-1.8vdc.
I replaced IX01 and thought the problem was fixed but happened again and re
replacing the chip does not fix. I have disconnected every avenue I can think
of to isolate but red bias does not come back up. I have disconnected RGB
analog in pin 39, 38, 37 and 33, 34, 35 52, 51 with no change to red output
voltage and have disconnected the output pins 41, 42, 43 and made dc check to
be sure the red was still loaded down on the actual pin, It was, I have made
resistance checks on R S/H, B S/H and G S/H and they are equal to ground and
Vcc pin 40. I have even swapped the red and green out wires on the 2H connector
to ensure the bad color would change to green and it did proving the tube and
CRT circuits are fine.last but not least I have went into service menu and
checked the TA1298 chip hex values , they are all the same as factory also the
flex converter values are good.
This set has me stumped, any advice is appreciated

by the way I could not find a part# for the 2H board, is it available as a
whole part.

thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Tony Saracco
TCS ELECTRONICS
406 Andra Ct.
Gilberts, IL 60136