[TechAssist] Re: Goldstar GCV1924M TV/VCR - mechanism problem

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 07:52:10 -0500

Roger,
If the loading motor runs when set is plugged in, then the
cassette load or tape load mechanism is bound up and
the mode switch never reachs the stop or eject position.
Could be the mode switch, I refurbish almost all mode switchs
on units that come in with a control type of problem.
And I
If the load motor does not run, but the unit takeup reel
turns on power up, then I would suspect that the unit
has a reel sensor under the supply reel and it is not
working. It is common in many VCR's for the Micro to
run the takeup reel and then look for a pulse from the
the supply reel sensor. This is to make sure no slack
is in the tape. (Remember the Sharps that would not
eject a broken tape).

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
Electronics Maintenance
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax    757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> rogerfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx 11/08/05 10:37 PM >>>
Goldstar GCV1924M Combo
Problem- Customer said was playing a tape then stopped. Tape is stuck.
I found unit in full load condition with tape broken and all of it on
take-up reel. Power-on starts takeup reel turning.
Ran load motor (with external power) to eject tape and reset unit.
Reattached to unit expecting it to work BUT - all that happens is
takeup
reel turns - power button or eject btns do not function.

Pulled tape transport. Checked alignment; bottom slider; mode switch
sensor circuit board - all looked ok. Load motor is ok - ran it to
eject.
--
Roger G.

Mr. Fix-It     Harrisburg, PA 17110
WebSite-  http://mrfixit.netfirms.com
Alternate - rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx
FAX 510-740-3641; Tel: 717-540-0799 (shop)
This Email List is accessible to the general public through search
Set Vacation
Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login
Problems?".