[TechAssist] Re: GE VCR VG2021 - ZD6 Shorting

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:24:25 -0000

Thank for your reply John. Yes, the VCR does work for a minute,
sometimes longer. I believe the 33V zener I put in is breaking down
under load, someone told me it was a 33V zener, looking closer at the
part I see a marking "43", so it must be that simple - 43 volts. Board
assembly markings are: 69097-123-100, PWB markings are: 66029-0233-00.
What could/are the other problems now that ZD5 shorted?

David Lessard
Alexandria Electronics
Ontario, Canada
mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx