[TechAssist] [Fwd: 17" Monitor, EMC SA-765 (IJEPV-768) 768M, black,HV ok,fix]

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:47:59 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 17" Monitor, EMC SA-765 (IJEPV-768) 768M, black,HV ok,fix
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:46:54 -0400
From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "ELREPAIR-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ELREPAIR-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Powers on with good high voltage and filiment to CRT,but display totally
black.Voltages to CRT board OK EXCEPT the G-1 negative was excessive at
neg-161 volts.Monitoring the G1,Using the bright/contrast up/down
buttons I could not vary this voltage and the front LED's were not lit
or responsive.I cleaned the brown glue from the boards but same. I had
several Microprocessors from EMC for this model to cure mode freq
troubles. I installed another 42 pin IC901 micro (plugs in) and trouble
cleared,all functions work now,and pix is bright again and varies with
front control buttons. Cure was Micro, IC 901 orig # on part:
ST63T73J5B1, 422CQ9832 MALTA. My replacement had #:  PROVIEW, EMC8000B,
M22B19940Z.  Proview sold them to me back in May,2000 @ three for
$38.15. I imagine LJ has them.Has anyone "reset" these  micros saving
replacement?
To unsubscribe write to:
techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.