[TechAssist] Re: Fw: Sanyo,SRT2400,Poor P/B,Rec;Update &FIX

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:22:05 -0500

In general, if there are grooves worn in the ACE head by the tape, this is a
common source of servo problems, especially at the slower tape speeds. To
make matters worse, any change like pinch roller, guide adjustment, back
tension adjustment, ACE adjustment, could cause the tape to no longer ride
in the groove.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave