[TechAssist] Re: Friends Gateway 500 essential,won't load win98

  • From: "TechAssist Admin." <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:21:03 -0500

Ron, don't let scandisk run.  What happens when you exit from
scandisk, will it then go into windows?  If so, run scandisk
then.  If not, start in safe mode then go into windows and
run scandisk.  If it will not boot into safe mode, boot to
the command prompt (C:) and run scandisk from there and see
what happens.  Have you tried to restore a previous version
of the registry?
-Clint

God Bless Us All
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://OrpheusComputing.com
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tech-Assist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(PLEASE include previous correspondence
if replying to this email!!)

From:           "Ron Miller" <rlmbkm@xxxxxxxx>
To:             <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:        [TechAssist] Friends Gateway 500
essential,won't load win98
Date sent:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:07:17 -0500
Send reply to:  techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Turn on get Win98 splash screen then scandisk comes on and
tries to run but get
reading the FAT on drive C.
> This error prevents scandisk from fixing this drive.
>  Given this info is the C drive blown or can I make further
test .
> Ron Miller
> D.T.V. Texas

> To unsubscribe write to: