[TechAssist] FW: Hitachi PTV Widescreen model# 53UWX10B chassis DP-14G convergence problem : FIX

  • From: "Gerald Gill" <gillcoelectronic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 07:54:33 -0500

Finally a FIX on this one.

I have been struggling with this one since October!
The problem was what appeared to be a convergence problem that only
affected the red and green on the left side had a twist to the problem.
The crosshatch pattern had a split in the gv/gh/rv/rh (never in my life
have I ever come across such a problem).
Alvie from Hitachi worked with me on this one. It's funny the simple
things we over look! I was absolutely convinced I had a convergence
problem and that was shot when we pulled the convergence plugs off the
board and the problem was still there, now what?
Alvie thought it's got to be a horiz drive problem, so I pulled the
board out and on the bench to take a look at it. Guess what I found; a
2cmm chip of glass on the board.
The penny dropped

Pulled the back off and sure enough the mirror was cracked on the left
side.
Egg in my face, how the heck did I miss that one?
I guess this time of year you're rushed and I really hit a mental block
on this one (it really doesn't help when the customer is calling 3x a
day either).
Thanks to Alvie at Hitachi and Bob Waterman to referring this to Alvie.
I think I let the worst fears get in the way on this one.

Thanks Guys!

Gerald Gill
Gillco Electronics Inc
113 King St East