[TechAssist] FIXED!! Sony KP-46V15 no video for 10 min

  • From: Magma4592@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:07:45 EDT

from post on 10/21

Sony KP-46V15 has no video or chroma for the first 10 to 20  min.   Video
HV
ok sound ok. Acts like IK circuit but when I  turn the screens up I get
good
red blue and green raster with faint video  . When the pix does come in ,
the
pix looks good. Changed cxa jungle and  checked everything in the IK
circuit.  By
the way I tried the bypass  circuit with the three diodes but the pix was
all
dark and messed  up. The bypass circuit has  worked for me only once and
cant  remember which cxa IC it was. Any info would be welcome.

Caused by C1737 10uF 16v located on D board ( convergence ).  looks  like
this cap is part of the base drive circuit to the vert protect switch Q907.
when
the convergence board heated up the capacity increased enough to drive  Q907.
I got messed up on this one because I became fixated on the IK. the set
acted exactly like weak crt except the pix looked too good. and video would not

come in even when I turned up all screens.I still dont know where the vert
interrupt pin  is to the jungle, but I dont want to spend any  more time on
it..