[TechAssist] Re: FIXED! Pioneer SD-P6091-K RPTV, low contrast and will not adjust

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 12:50:47 -0500

The tech line tenhnician was very willing to help and that is good to
know and have the phone number but in this case they were no help. I
found Q502 open B to E which is used to bias the Push-Pull R,G and B
amps on the signal board. The transistor checked good out of circuit, I
had it out and in twice before deciding it had to be bad, 3.5 volts on
the base and only about 0.2 on the emitter, no way could it be good
since it is an NPN. Gosh, now I can eat my own lunch! I had almost
decided to fast untill I got this one fixed.

The Old Master Technician
Since 1972                     *
Jim Myers                      *
Telrad Electronics             *