[TechAssist] Re: Epoqtv S-squared Technologies Md #HPTV-4200A (RUN DO NOT WALK AWAY)

  • From: Kevin's TV Repair <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:32:16 -0800

What kind of TV is this?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Premium
Technologies
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:59 AM
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Epoqtv S-squared Technologies Md #HPTV-4200A (RUN
DO NOT WALK AWAY)

A customer brought this unit in yesterday.  Basically it's a Samsung
screen and driver but two of the boards are proprietary.  They WILL NOT
send service manuals, will not offer tech support beyond telling you
what they charge for sending you a module - (and you can imagine what
they want for one) - but they do offer service if you send them the
unit.  Basically if it's broken throw it away.  This particular unit is
about 3 years old and was built by S-Squared Technologies, (Lucetv.com)
who does not do business anymore in the US...  One of the idiots that
started the company now runs epoqtv.com and they are the only place you
can deal with to get parts.
In short - - you may want to tell any customer considering one of these
over-priced pieces of junk that they would be better off buying a
WalMart throw away...
No one here has ever seen me be so unkind about a company or person and
I apologize if I have offended anyone's sensibility.  Just thought you
might want this info to avoid hours of search only to find you can't
there from here.
Bill
William Rayburn, CET
Premium Technologies
PO Box 442
Long Beach, WA. 98631

-----
This Email List is accessible to the general public through search
Set Vacation