[TechAssist] Epoqtv S-squared Technologies Md #HPTV-4200A (RUN DO NOT WALK AWAY)

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:58:40 -0800

A customer brought this unit in yesterday.  Basically it's a Samsung screen and
driver but two of the boards are proprietary.  They WILL NOT send service
manuals, will not offer tech support beyond telling you what they charge for
sending you a module - (and you can imagine what they want for one) - but they
do offer service if you send them the unit.  Basically if it's broken throw it
away.  This particular unit is about 3 years old and was built by S-Squared
Technologies, (Lucetv.com) who does not do business anymore in the US...  One
of the idiots that started the company now runs epoqtv.com and they are the
only place you can deal with to get parts.
In short - - you may want to tell any customer considering one of these
over-priced pieces of junk that they would be better off buying a WalMart throw
away...
No one here has ever seen me be so unkind about a company or person and I
apologize if I have offended anyone's sensibility.  Just thought you might want
this info to avoid hours of search only to find you can't there from here.
Bill
William Rayburn, CET
Premium Technologies
PO Box 442