[TechAssist] Re: Dick Smith ESR meter battery life: false "low batt"?

  • From: Ed Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:50:16 -0500

Bill;
Unless it was a different website, I saw where "b" could be delayed
from showing till the battery reached 7.5 volts. But really..with the
Auto-Shut off I get a couple of years on a 9V Duracell.
        Biggest problem I found was the silk screening is starting to get hard
to read. But I know what values I can expect.
        BTW...I have accidentally checked a couple of charged caps...seen the
arc....but has never screwed up..so far.

-Ed-
Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada