[TechAssist] Re: Curtis Mathes CM27001S. Vertical repeat failure "IC301" LA7845.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:16:55 -0600

David,
I have a 32" Sanyo TV in here right now, that uses a LA7841. I was told that
I could replace it with a LA7845. (I wonder if this is true). The only one I
had in stock, was a used LA7845 in an SK series bag.
Not sure if it was an SK or not,....but, when I installed it,....It took my
vertical supply resistor out with in seconds. Maybe there are a batch of bad
ones on the market.
I know better then to use SK series replacements for Vert. ICs, Reg. ICs,
and H.O.T.s.
I am going to try a Generic part, from one of my reliable distributers, as
soon as I build up enough to make an order worthwhile. I MIGHT try an NTE
replacement, in the meantime.

Just a thought.
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                                "Where there's a will,...
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           There's always a way."
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx