[TechAssist] Re: Compact computer 7462, Want to add a hard drive

  • From: "George" <grndmstrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:23:38 -0800

Try Cable Select for both drives since they use that setting a lot in Compaq
computers, at lease in the ones I worked on, just connect the 30GB HD to the
middle connector on cable. then leave  the 10GB HD on the end.  To format
the added drive go to "My Computer" right click to open list, select format,
verify info then "Start". Or click on "Start", "Run" then type in "format X:
Or use a Windows 95,98,SE or ME floppy boot disk , at the A: prompt type
format X: <ENTER> where X= the drive letter.

George
Afana Electronics
Moreno Valley, CA